1 2 3 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2011 5:42 PM by gita

how to install McAfee Saas EndPoint Protection

Hi all,

I am new to McAfee(Saas EndPoint Protection) we bought a license which is covers around 250 pcs including servers. My questions is, does anyone know how to install it, secondly do i need to install different software on the server or shall i install all same product. I would appreciate any help.

many thanks

• 1. Re: how to install McAfee Saas EndPoint Protection

Hi,

I have read your post.

You mentioned that  you want to install the McAfee SaaS EndPoint Protection in both the client computers and servers. To install the McAfee SaaS EndPoint Protection in the client computers kindly follow the below article in which you can find different way to install the McAfee SaaS EndPoint protection.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71609

For  the server computers we need some additional information.

1. What kind of OS is used in the server ?
               2. Is there any firewall installed  in the server?

So kindly provide us those details in   order to help you  better.

Regards
          Geetha P

• 2. Re: how to install McAfee Saas EndPoint Protection

Hi Geetha,

Thank you very much for your help. we have a couple of servers that runs window server 2003 sp2 and we only have main firwall our gateway router, which mean there is not specific firewall on those servers. secondly do i need to create a  policy which specify the updates.

Many thanks

Dualeh

• 3. Re: how to install McAfee Saas EndPoint Protection

Hi Dualeh ,

I have read your post.

Also I found that there was one Service Request created for your account and one of  

our technician helping you through email and he will be helping you further with this issue.

If you have any concerns please keep us posted so that we will help you in a better way.

Regards

Geetha P

• 4. Re: how to install McAfee Saas EndPoint Protection

Hi Geatha,

Thank you very much for help Geatha,  I am realy worying how to distribute McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection to 40 pcs includes window 2003 servers that runs sp2, as i mention before i am new to this and the guy install the previous SaaS Endpoint Protection has left. My secod question is, do i need to install different version on servers or shall i install  same one in clients machines.

many thanks

Dualeh

• 5. Re: how to install McAfee Saas EndPoint Protection

Hi all,

I just want  to ask you a quick question, we renew SaaS Endpoint Protection (Total Protection) and McAfee said you have to re-install all over again the new one but my Question is, do i need to uninstall the previous one and install new one or shall i just install it.

regards

Dualeh

• 6. Re: how to install McAfee Saas EndPoint Protection

Hi Dualeh,

I have read your post.

You mentioned that you have renewed the SaaS Endpoint Protection( Total Protection) and you are trying to reinstall it. If you have any expired version of McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection ( Total Protection) installed in your computer then kindly uninstall it and then try to reinstall the new one.

Regards

Geetha P

• 7. Re: how to install McAfee Saas EndPoint Protection

Hi Dualeh,

I have  read your previous post.

Since you mentioned that you want to distribute the McAfee in 40 computers, please make use of the below article to install the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection ( Total Protection) in both the Client computers and the Servers.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51902&actp=search&viewlo cale=en_US&searchid=1310756083960

If you have any issues in installing the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection ( Total Protection) please keep us posted so that we will help you.

Regards

Geetha P

• 8. Re: how to install McAfee Saas EndPoint Protection

Hi Dualeh,

Please make sure you ALWAYS use the same email that you use to log onto Security Centre whenever you renew your McAfee SaaS subscription. you DO NOT have to uninstall the software after renewing if you use the same email address.

Also, if you have more than 1 accounts with McAfee i.e having 2 different emails registered, please merge all the accounts into one and provide same email address for all of them. This will make life a lot easier for you in order to manage your subscriptions and also to install/uninstall them.

Thank you

Sameer

• 9. Re: how to install McAfee Saas EndPoint Protection

Hi Sameer,

Thank you very much for your help. As i mention  my previous post, we renew SaaS Endpoint Protection(Total Protection) and there is two different account because the guy bought the previous SaaS Endpoint Protection was left and now when we renew the product, they register my email address which is not register before. As you mention your post I merge  the previous  acount to new register account which is my email.  Do i still need  to install the new product after merge the two account or shall I leave as its.

many thanks Sameer

Dualeh

Message was edited by: dualeh on 18/07/11 04:14:25 CDT

Message was edited by: dualeh on 18/07/11 04:15:22 CDT
                          1 2 3 Previous Next