2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2011 6:47 AM by amoroder

RDS configuration in EPO

Hello,

we have RDS active in our network.

It finds many systems that are not windows machines so they have no antivirus installed.

We created some categories for this exceptions.

When I select one of this machine and add it to such a category it does not disappeare from the list of unauthorized systems.

We have all the treee buttons in the configuration set ( the cu/paste did disable it )

I don't understand

"Tells the Sensor to scan systems that have been marked as exceptions.  If this is turned off, adding new systems to the exception list will be scanned until policy has been enforced and the sensor has received the updated policy."

It sound as a double negation to me and don't know if I have to let it enabled or not.

Bye

Andreas

Ermöglicht es Rogue System Sensor, detaillierte Informationen über das Betriebssystem eines Geräts zu ermitteln.   

Tells the Sensor to scan systems that have been marked as exceptions.  If this is turned off, adding new systems to the exception list will be scanned until policy has been enforced and the sensor has received the updated policy.       
        • 1. Re: RDS configuration in EPO
          JoeBidgood

Hi...

I think you may be confusing detection and scanning (or OS fingerprinting.) The RSD sensor can do two things: it can detect devices on the network and report them back to ePO, and it can actively scan these devices trying to find out more information about them. The screenshot above is from the section that controls the second step - the active scanning of the devices.

It sounds like you have a different issue - if you mark a machine as an exception, it does not disappear from the list of detections. Is this correct?

Thanks -

Joe

• 2. Re: RDS configuration in EPO

Hello,

>  It sounds like you have a different issue - if you mark a machine as an exception, it does not disappear from the list of detections. Is this correct?

yes, this is the problem.

Bye

Andreas