VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i End of Life Statement

Environment

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i
      Microsoft Windows

Summary

McAfee Product Management Statement
      Date: January 31, 2008

VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i End of Full Service Support Announcement

On December 31, 2008, McAfee VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.0i will reach its End of Full Service Support (EoFSS). As of this date, technical support will no longer be provided for this version by McAfee's Customer Support organization.

McAfee strongly recommends that customers who are still running VSE 8.0i as of June 2008 take steps to migrate to a currently supported version prior to the EoFSS date. June 2008 is the expected release time frame for the next version release of this product, VSE 8.7i. If this is not feasible due to any reason, please contact your McAfee account manager as soon as possible to explore custom support options.

Please contact your account manager or technical account manager if you have any questions about this announcement.
        • 1. RE: VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i End of Life Statement

Confusing... :confused:
          • 2. RE: VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i End of Life Statement
            twenden
            It looks like they have decided to extend the support for VSE 8.0i another year. That is good news since we still have it on about 100 plus systems. These are systems too slow for considering upgrading to VSE 8.5i.

Below is the article that explains the update:

VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i End of Life Statement

Environment

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i
            Microsoft Windows

Summary

Statement Update 1 July 2008
            VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i will now reach End of Life on December 31, 2009

NOTE: The above is not part of the original Product Management Statement

McAfee Product Management Statement
            Date: January 31, 2008

VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i End of Full Service Support Announcement

On December 31, 2008, McAfee VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.0i will reach its End of Full Service Support (EoFSS). As of this date, technical support will no longer be provided for this version by McAfee's Customer Support organization.

McAfee strongly recommends that customers who are still running VSE 8.0i as of June 2008 take steps to migrate to a currently supported version prior to the EoFSS date. June 2008 is the expected release time frame for the next version release of this product, VSE 8.7i. If this is not feasible due to any reason, please contact your McAfee account manager as soon as possible to explore custom support options.

Please contact your account manager or technical account manager if you have any questions about this announcement.
            • 3. RE: VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i End of Life Statement
              PhilR
              End of life for VSE 8.0i was recently extended to March 31st, 2010.

Phil