1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 8, 2011 5:37 PM by Ex_Brit RSS

Mcafee Total Protection

berkeleygirl

Recently purchased Mcafee Total Protection Home- says it's good for use on three different computers.  We installed it on the first one but when I try and use the product key to install through the website- www.mcafee.com/mtp/retailcard- it tells me 'this key has already been used to redeem a McAfee product.'  What do I do?  I spent an hour on the phone with McAfee tech/customer support, which was a giant waste of time and absolutely unhelpful.  My current McAfee subscription expires at midnight so I need to figure this out ASAP.

• 1. Re: Mcafee Total Protection
          Ex_Brit

I gather this must be a CD that you bought in a store?   Once installed on the first machine all you need to do is go to your online account to install a 2nd and 3rd time.

http://home.mcafee.com/root/myaccount.aspx

I am surprised if Customer Service couldn't advise you on this as they deal with all account issues, did you phone them on the toll-free number?

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 866-622-3911. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
          Average contact length: 10  minutes
          Estimated wait time: 5-10 minutes

Hours of Operation: Available daily, 6am-6pm Pacific

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/07/11 6:37:15 EDT PM