9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 1:15 AM by MarcVogl

Epo 4.0 to 4.5 Upgrade hooks on the minimum reqirements

MarcVogl

Hello,

I try to upgrade our EPo 4.0 to 4.5. In the first step i moved the Database SQL2000 - to a SQL Express that was on an other Server (c).

It is fine & running. Conection is Made.

So - i was downloading the Installer Paket with the Patch 4. Unzip & try to install. It hooks on a Window that says:

"Your system does not have the Min Reqirements. You need to have MSDE 2005 or SQL 2005 Standard or Enterprise."

..on this point i was realy ****** of. On the Server is a 2nd Software that comes with an SQL 2005 Express (installed in its installer routine)

So - i looked in to the installer packet of the EPO and there was a Express installer too. So it should Run on SQL Express. But it hocks in the

beginning of the Installation process.

I cant unistall that 2nd Software & i cant install on a 2nd Server - there is none to move. I decided - if it has a SQL Express 2005 allready installed

it could use that. So i moved the Database from Server b to Server a where my EPO 4.0 is Running. And again - Epo 4.0 do connect.

I started the Setup again - same popup.. "Your system does not have the Min Reqirements....."

I was trying to upgrade the SQL 2005 - with the SQL with adv. pakets (Full installed). Does Work!

I was getting worry.. wtf is going wrong with those installer?  In the next Szenario i give what it wants - move the Database to our SQL 2008 Standard Ed.

that was reserved for a major Projekt. But it still brings its Messege: "Your system does not have the Min Reqirements...."

Why does this happen? And HOW can i do the Upgrade?

Here some informations about the Versions:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (I belive it does have Patch 4 but i am not shure)

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 downward kompatibility

...management studio Express. 

etz.

EPo = 4.0

Anti-Spam Engine and Rule Update RENU 3506.3506 

Anti-Spam Engine for Windows SpamEngine 2.2.0.9286  

Buffer Overflow DAT for VirusScan Enterprise DAT 516 

Engine Modul 5400.1158 4778

ePO Agent Key Updater Plug-In 4.5.0 

ePO-MVT Content MVTContentUpdate 1.0.3.8 8

Host Intrusion Prevention Content DAT 8.0.0.3853 3853

Host Intrusion Prevention Content DAT 8.0.0.3852 3852