7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2011 2:33 PM by cat1959 RSS

McAfee VirusScan won't run full scan.

cat1959

I'm using Internet Explorer 9, I have Windows 7.

Everytime I try to enable full scan, it says it cannot be done at this time and to try again from the homepage.

I also cannot change my firewall settings because my computer says they are being monitored by McAfee personal firewall.

• 1. Re: McAfee VirusScan won't run full scan.
          Dinz

Could you please provide us with some more updates ;

What is the  version of McAfee virus scan ?

What is the exact error you receive while scanning (If possible could you please attach a screen shot)

Please run McAfee virtual technician from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com and post us your session id

Regards,

• 2. Re: McAfee VirusScan won't run full scan.
            cat1959

My session ID is 34083531. This is the screenshot of the issue. Virtual technician did not resolve the issue. I have McAfee Internet Security version 11.0.560. screenshot.jpg

Message was edited by: cat1959 on 7/14/11 7:16:49 PM CDT
            • 3. Re: McAfee VirusScan won't run full scan.
              klausten

I have the same issue on one of our family computers. At first realtime scanning was disabled and continously got disabled every time I enabled it. When I tried to run a full scan the process was interupted after a few seconds with the same error message as displayed on the screen shot in this string.

Tried to run the Virtual technician wich found and corrected Registry issues in the first run and then keeps reporting everything OK. Yet Realtime scanning and now also Spyware scanning keeps getting disabled, and Full scan gets interrupted. Also updating of McAfee Total protection is not able to run - the program stops responding.

Have gone through all running processes and services without finding anything unusual.

This does not help solving the issue, but thought I would confirm the problem as beeing one seen on more computers and not just a single instance.

I decided to upgrade the PC from Windows XP to Windows 7 and reinstall McAfee Total Protection. Therefor I won't be able to test or confirm any suggestions on how to solve this issue in a less disruptive manner.

• 4. Re: McAfee VirusScan won't run full scan.
                Dinz

Hi there,

Please try the below steps and let us know the status;

Check and uninstall if you have any other security software

Navigate through C:\program files & C:\program files\common files & delete if you have the other security software folders

Open command prompt (Run as Administrator) and type the following and press enter one after another

Regsvr32 jscript.dll and press enter

Regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press enter

Open Internet explorer – Click on Tools > click on Internet options > then click on the tab – Advanced

Hit the button Reset . Close all open windows

Restart the PC and try scanning

Regards,

• 5. Re: McAfee VirusScan won't run full scan.
                  cat1959

When I tried to run Regsvr32 jscript.dll, I received an error message.

error code.jpg

I ran the other one and it worked. Should I continue to the Internet Explorer and Reset? Or should this problem be fixed first?

• 6. Re: McAfee VirusScan won't run full scan.
                    Dinz

Please  continue with the next step and try to run a scan if still issues, please click on Useful links at the top of this page and get connected to our chat technicians and they would help you diagnose the issue further as it requires a remote session .

Thanks,

• 7. Re: McAfee VirusScan won't run full scan.
                      cat1959

It still doesn't work.

I'll try the chat technicians.

Thanks for everything.