3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 12:48 PM by sroering

Need help to see how it could operate a file type on Web Reporter

maitane

Need help to see how it could operate a file type.

The Web Log of the Gateway Handler we have defined a particular file being sent to Web Reporter.

The format defined in this file:

Set User-Defined.logLine = """
      + DateTime.ToWebReporterString
      + "" "
      + String.ReplaceIfEquals (IP.ToString (Client.IP), "", "-")
      + " ""
      + URL.GetParameter ("email")
      + "" ""
      + String.Base64Decode (URL.GetParameter ("url"))
      + "" ""
      + String.Base64Decode (URL.GetParameter ("categories"))
      + "" ""
      + String.Base64Decode (URL.GetParameter ("reputation"))
      + "" ""
      + String.ReplaceAll (URL.GetParameter ("comments"), "+", " ")
      + """

As you might define a Web Reporter report to exploit this information? How I can make sure I'm visualizing data derived from these files?

Thank you very much,

• 1. Re: Need help to see how it could operate a file type on Web Reporter
          sroering

Minimum requirements for web reporter are

1) client IP address  (OK)

2) URL  request line "GET http://www.site.com HTTP/1.1"

I'm not sure if "URL.GetParameter("url") will include GET/POST and HTTP/1.1 parts. Will need a Web Gateway person to answer.

3) date and time (MISSING)

If you want to report on e-mail address, then you need to put that into a user-defined column.

Also, make sure the header matches the log lines or they will not import. The header is configured on another screen.

• 2. Re: Need help to see how it could operate a file type on Web Reporter
            maitane

I managed to define the file of these logs with the following header format:

#time_stamp src_ip "auth_user" "url" "categories" "rep_level" "comments"

And supposedly I'm picking on the Web Reporter, and that viewing these works. But I would fail to define a template to exploit these data. I have no clear is how I can access this data to generate reports. I guess I have to define a custom template to obtain the information.

Could someone indicate how to define it?, How I can do to see these columns from the Web Management Reporter?.

Thank you very much,

• 3. Re: Need help to see how it could operate a file type on Web Reporter
              sroering

All of those columns should be recognized by Web Reporter just fine.

The QuickView reports won't have all of those values together.If you need help making an advanced report, check the product documentation.  Web Reporter 5.2.x would be the best since the process to make an advanced report has been simplified.

[Web Reporter 5.2.x]

Reports -> Manage Reports -> [Add] -> [Add Advanced]

On the Add Advanced Report dialog:

Add -> New Table

That opens the edit query dialog where you choose your data for the report.

After you have a query, you can add filters to select which users/categories/etc. you want shown on your report.

That's the basics.