3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2011 5:52 AM by Dinz

At Risk - Update Installation Error - Needed more hard drive space

McAfee Total Protection told me I was at risk and asked me to check my Internet connection.  Connection was fine.  I had auto update and install enabled.

I tried again to download updates.  Download was successfull, but installation failed

I downloaded & ran McAfee Virtual Technician, but it was no help.

I had 178 MB free on my hard dirve.  Don't know how much McAfee really needed, but I was able to install with 3.5 GB free.

I'm running WinXP Pro, McAfee VirusScan Ver 15.0

• 1. Re: At Risk - Update Installation Error - Needed more hard drive space
          Dinz

Hi tdt,

Please let us know some more information reagarding your PC ?

How is the PC connected to Internet ? (DSL/Wireless/Cable)

Do you currently have any other security software installed or probably had on in the past ???

Please click on About option in security center and let us know the below details ;

Security center Version :

Virus scan :

DAT :

Thread moved to Home & Home Office

Thanks,

• 2. Re: At Risk - Update Installation Error - Needed more hard drive space

Hello Dinesh

Thanks, I really wasn't expecting answer.  I made the post to help others who may encounter the same problem

Nonetheless, following are the answers to your questions

I have a cable connection to the Internet

I also have McAfee Security Scan Plus.  This was installed unintentionally -- I guess that I failed to uncheck an option to download it when installing something else.  In the past I've had BitDefender and Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition

Maybe this has changed since I had the problem on July 4, but the versions you asked about are

Security center Version : 11.0  Build 11.0.572  Affld 0  Last update 7/21

Virus scan : 15.0.291  Build 15.0.291  Last update 7/21

DAT : 6414.000  Create date 7/21

-- TDT

• 3. Re: At Risk - Update Installation Error - Needed more hard drive space
              Dinz

Glad that you were able to get your issue resolved and thanks for helping out others cheers . The minimum system requirements for installing McAfee consumer products are listed here ; http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100410 

While McAfee  software will run and perform adequately on systems that meet the minimum requirements below, we recommend that your computer exceed these minimum specifications.

Cheers