4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 6:40 PM by jmckee

Internet access issues

jmckee

After the firewall update several weeks ago , I had issues with dialup access with CompuServe 2000. The connection would get just so far and then lock up the system. Through trial and error , it was found that opening AOL first , starting a connect , and closing it , then opening CompuServe would allow CompuServe to connect normally. Both CompuServe and McAfee techs determined the problem to be in the firewall. Still no fix.

Heard that Juno was having the same issue and tried it. Same problem happens there. Had to do the AOL trick to get it to connect.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

• 1. Re: Internet access issues
          Dinz

Hi jmckee,

Could you please let us know What is the  version of McAfee Firewall installed on your PC ?? Also, did you try to access internet after disabling McAfee firewall !!!!

Regards,

• 2. Re: Internet access issues
            jmckee

Firewall version 12  ,  build 12.0.335

Tried turning off the McAfee firewall and using the Windows one , but after a reboot , the McAfee one came active ("Never" option was selected) until I opened the Security Center. Then , the firewall would shut off after 10-15 seconds.

• 3. Re: Internet access issues
              Dinz

Please click on Useful links at the top of this page and click on Technical support , so that our technicians would remote inn your pc to diagnose this issue and get this soreted !

Regards,

• 4. Re: Internet access issues
                jmckee

Dinz wrote:

Please click on Useful links at the top of this page and click on Technical support , so that our technicians would remote inn your pc to diagnose this issue and get this soreted !

Regards,

Techs have already been in my system several times and found nothing wrong. Have tried running MVT several times since I uninstalled / reinstalled McAfee , but each time it only checked Site Advisor.  A tech checked and said that was OK.

Per a Tier 2 tech , the firewall has some issues that needed to be fixed. The fix was supposed to have been out a week ago. Any news on it?

Jeff

Message was edited by: Suresh on 7/14/11 7:40:24 PM EDT