1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2011 10:44 AM by Dinz

Real-Time Scanning won't stay on

For the second time in as many months, I have the same problem with McAfee Security 'real-time scanning won't stay on'. Each occurrence has followed a McAfee update, the first time was eventually resolved after a while (I was away on holiday, so don't know how long, when I came back, it worked again). After an update yesterday 29 June, the problem is back - each time I turn it on, stays green for 2 seconds, then goes red and OFF again.

What is going on - am I safe to access the internet while this is happening, and WHY does it keep happening?

Environment

Dell Studio 15 laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, with Service Pack 1 applied

McAfee Security Center build version 11.0.560 last update 24 Jun

McAfee Virus Scan build version 15.0.288 last update 29 June (this is where I assume the problem lies, it was working OK before yesterday).

no other components have been updated since 15 June.

Message was edited by: andy45fr on 30/06/11 04:19:00 CDT

Have run McAfee Virtual Technician, with the following results (which it is unable to resolve):

McAfee Security Center 15.0.288 Missing files (1)

Pending: DAT file out of date

Anyone have any idea what I can do to resolve this???

Message was edited by: andy45fr on 30/06/11 04:28:49 CDT
        • 1. Re: Real-Time Scanning won't stay on
          Dinz

Probably there is a conflict here that causes the real time scanner to disable rrapidly . Please click on Useful links at the top of this page and click on Technical support and get connected to our technicians and they would help you get this resolved .

Regards,