6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2011 10:39 AM by JoeBidgood

ePO FTP issue

kmendoza

Hi,

I've created a script to download DAT updates from the McAfee FTP site. The specefic file I'm talking about is the "DAT Package For Use with McAfee ePO" which I believe is located here on the FTP site here: pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/sdatepoxxxx.zip. The problem is that when I download and check in the package (necessary since ePO is not connected to the interenet) into the ePO (v4.5), it does not show up as the correct file.

Typically the .zip update file, when downloaded from the regular site, shows up as a DAT update and shows the current version, etc. However, the one that I downloaded from the FTP site shows up as a superdat version 2.5.

Essentially, my question is where on the McAfee ftp site (ftp.nai.com) is the "DAT Package For Use with McAfee ePO" located?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: ePO FTP issue
          JoeBidgood

Hi...

The specefic file I'm talking about is the "DAT Package For Use with McAfee ePO" which I believe is located here on the FTP site here: pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/sdatepoxxxx.zip.

Unfortunately that's not the ePO dat package (which contains the full zip and all the incrementals) but rather the superdat version of the day's full dat. As such it can't be checked in as the ePO dat package can.

I don't think the ePO package is on the FTP server: only the HTTP site, as far as I know.

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: ePO FTP issue
            Laszlo G

Hi kmendoza, I've had a look under McAfee's FTP site and, as JoeBidgood told, there's unfortunately no DAT for ePO here, you'll have to download it from McAfee's HTTP

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: ePO FTP issue
              kmendoza

Thanks for the response guys. That's unfortunate, indeed. Any ideas why they don't include the ePO DAT on the FTP site?

• 4. Re: ePO FTP issue
                JoeBidgood

I don't, I'm afraid - sorry   If you're trying to automate the download, though, you should be able to use wget or something similar fairly easily.

HTH -

Joe

• 5. Re: ePO FTP issue
                  kmendoza

I'm on a Windows machine...which brings up a question:

I've already tried googling this but found nothing: Is there a way to download via HTTP from Windows command line, without the use of any third-party software?

• 6. Re: ePO FTP issue
                    JoeBidgood

I don't think you can do it from batch, but it should be possible in VBScript. I'm not a VBS expert, I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone else here is.

Regards -

Joe