3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2011 9:07 PM by sirvemup

Help, virus created redirecting of web searches!!

I ran McAfee virus scan and it cannot find any viruses in my pc, and it is up to date. Some websites i try to go to (microsoft download, ebay) i get redirected to another website. I am angry. I want to report the websites that i am being redirected to because i think they are involved with the virus in my pc somehow. And i am angry with McAfee for not being able to locate the virus. Anyone feel the same or got any advice?

• 1. Re: Help, virus created redirecting of web searches!!
          ConorD62

Hi Sirvemup,

Download http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.zip and save it to your Desktop.

Extract its contents to your desktop.

Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, choose it.

It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now

Click the Report button and copy/paste the contents of it into your next reply.

Note:It will also create a log in the C:\ directory.

Let me know if it fixes the issue.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: ConorD62 on 6/25/11 10:33:09 PM IST
          • 2. Re: Help, virus created redirecting of web searches!!
            Peter M

Moved to Malware Discussions > Home User Assistance for better attention.

• 3. Re: Help, virus created redirecting of web searches!!

Hey Conor, thanks for the advice. The program identified a problem and cured it, but my virus didn't seem to like that very much. A little history on my pc, it crashed a little while ago and i restored it to factory defaults with a system disk from the factory, after that i got the redirecting problems. As soon as i used your recommended removal tool my old problems started again. Multiple xp antivirus 2012 alert keeps popping up claiming suspicious network activity was detected, attention danger, system hijack, SCAN NOW. I am to scared to click on it because i know thats what caused my system to crash last time i did. I think i have a very serious problem and McAfee still doesn't detect it, any more good advice?