4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2008 1:19 PM by Grif

Virus Scan 8 Enterprise version compatibility issues with Windows Vista

I am unable to load Virus Scan 8 onto my new computer running Windows Vista. Are there any fixes or patches from McAfee? Has anyone encouter this problems?
        • 1. RE: Virus Scan 8 Enterprise version compatibility issues with Windows Vista
          You've posted in the wrong forum.. This one is for the old "retail" products which are VS version 8 or older.. You're VS 8 is a corporate Enterprise product which an entirely different beast.. I'll move your post to the correct corporate "Desktop and Server" forum where it should receive better responses. You can access your thread from either forum location.

In the meantime, please tell us which version of VirusScan 8 Enterprise you have... NOTE: VS 8.0i is NOT compatible with Vista and generally does not load.. VS 8.5i IS compatible (I've installed it on a fair number of Vista machines so far.), but make sure that you have the most recent Patch #4 installed on VS 8.5i. It should help.

Hope this helps.

Grif
          • 2. RE: Virus Scan 8 Enterprise version compatibility issues with Windows Vista
            I have 8.0.0, I guess this will not work on my new computer running Vista. Thanks for the information.
            • 3. RE: Virus Scan 8 Enterprise version compatibility issues with Windows Vista

Im using Version 8.5, but recently, my vista a bit broken ( the hidden folder wont came up, when u un-hid them ), then i try to scan my hdd with another antivirus ( initial "K" ), then resulted some files from c:/windows/system32 were infected, then i have to reinstall my computer...

i always update the virus definitions every 2 days...

any1 know why is this happening..
              plz help me out, since now im confused, what antivirus will i use for my computer...

thanks!
              • 4. RE: Virus Scan 8 Enterprise version compatibility issues with Windows Vista
                As to which antivirus you want to use on your computer, that's a personal decision.. Since you didn't mention which type of malware was found in your "system32" folder (specific file and malware names would sure help)...or... exactly which type of VS 8.5i you're running, it's difficult to say what may have happened..

Most importantly, for a full spyware AND antivirus protection, when using the corporate VS 8.5i, be sure to use the McAfee 8.5i Antispyware Enterprise add-on which teams with the VirusScan Enterprise option to find more types of malware.. VirusScan has never been the best trojan detector available but coupled with the Antispyware add-on, the team make for better tool.

Hope this helps.

Grif