6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2011 11:21 AM by ErinC

Migrating EEPC 5.2.4 to EEPC 6.1 issues

gldnju

When trying to run EEmigration.exe, I point the location to the SBADMDLL.DLL.  After I click next, I get this message window stating:  Failed to load module (followed by the location of the sbadmdll.dll file).  Is this file suppose to be located somewhere specific to allow the migration to work?

• 1. Re: Migrating EEPC 5.2.4 to EEPC 6.1 issues

all should be in the same directory as a working EEM install (same place as sbadmin.exe etc).

• 2. Re: Migrating EEPC 5.2.4 to EEPC 6.1 issues

I have the same issue.  I extracted the EEMigration.zip file into the EEM install folder and get this message when trying to run the EEMigration.exe file.

As per the migration PDF document I extracted the EEMigration.zip file and overwrote the existing SbAdmDll.dll file.

We have EEPC611 installed on ePO4.5.4 Hotfix1 - build 1093.  New clients appear ok, I have the first one encrypting now.

Also, the command line utility fails too, saying that the file "SbMachineObj.dll" is missing.  I have verified this file does not exist on the server.

Might you have been a little hasty in marking the post above as "Correctly Answered" SafeBoot?

• 3. Re: Migrating EEPC 5.2.4 to EEPC 6.1 issues

If you don't have sbmachineoj.dll in your EEM directory, then you can't possibly be managing machines in EEM? Perhaps you only installed EEM, and forgot to install the EEPC snapin for EEM?

• 4. Re: Migrating EEPC 5.2.4 to EEPC 6.1 issues
                Might you have been a little hasty in marking the post above as "Correctly Answered" SafeBoot?

'twas not I - you can't mark your own posts as correct, only the original poster can do that

• 5. Re: Migrating EEPC 5.2.4 to EEPC 6.1 issues

hehe fair enough!

I'm not sure what to make of this.  We definitely are using EEM to manage EEPC. 

And thanks for the quick response by the way.  Any ideas how to resolve this issue ?  shall I start a new thread since the above user's issue is resolved?

• 6. Re: Migrating EEPC 5.2.4 to EEPC 6.1 issues

Update - I've now found the sbmachineoj.dll file on a PC with the EEM software installed on it and copied it to the server folder.  Now the migration tool fires up correctly!

I've no idea why this file was missing from the server, it must have been removed in a previous update? (edit: that doesn't make sense but is all I can think of) But obviously the file doesn't need to reside on the server in order to manage it from a remote console.

Message was edited by: ErinC on 01/08/11 11:21:29 CDT