1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 5, 2011 7:01 AM by jmaaska

How can i delete emails having the same supject through CLI in the outbound queue.

Hi,

one of our customers wihich is a university has a critical issue regarding his Email Gateway appliance EG 5500 with version 6.7.2

a lot of emails (180,000) are stucking at the Outbound Queue, one of their email addresses may be stolen and this address is sending a lot emails, so the appliance is hanging on.

i need a command to delete emails in the outbound queue which having the same supject, because when i tried to delete emails from the GUI, the appliance gave me an error and doesn't delete any email.

your suggestions will be appreciated.

regards.

• 1. Re: How can i delete emails having the same supject through CLI in the outbound queue.

I've run into this a few times also when users were compromised and used to send out bulk/spam.  Naturally you want to kill mail from that user in bulk and with extreme dispatch.   

You can delete a lot of them from the gui, but a large percentage cannot be deleted from there.   I've always had to call support and have them clear them out.  I would love to be able to do the same myself.  

Best guess is that these messages (often with dozens and dozens of receivers) are in use/actively trying to send at the time and so the GUI won't touch them.   We need a stronger kill-message option for this situation.