You can contact our live chat support option at http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=2057&sg=TS and our agents can guide you through the instructions below. Please mention your Service request number when you get the live agent so that we can review your request and assist you.
From your description, I understand you have fake Anti Virus software installed on your computer. Please do not worry. We are happy to assist you in resolving the issue on your computer. Please follow the instructions below to resolve the issue on your computer.
1. In a web browser, go to the link below:
2. Download and save the FakeAlert Stinger to your desktop.
3. McAfee Labs recommends you disable system restore BEFORE running Stinger, as many threats will save copies of themselves to your restore points. Disabling system restore will delete your existing restore points, so you will be unable to use Windows System Restore until you re-enable them, and new restore points are created. For instructions on disabling system restore, click the following link:
4. After disabling system restore, double-click the Stinger application you saved to your desktop.
NOTE: If you are a Windows 7 or Windows Vista user, right-click and select Run As Administrator.
5. If a security warning is displayed, click Yes or Run.
6. By default the C: drive is scanned. Click Add or Browse to add additional drives/directories.
7. Click Scan Now. By default, Stinger repairs all infected files found.
If you require additional assistance with virus removal you can contact our Virus Removal service by clicking here: http://service.mcafee.com/SpecializedServiceHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=VR.
After you fix the issue with the fake antivirus software, you may please proceed with the installation of McAfee on your computer.
We hope that we’ve answered your questions effectively. If not, feel free to contact support again. Please include all previous correspondence when replying.