3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2011 11:25 AM by Sk1dMARK

Unable to find a valid repository

Isagel

Hello,

I'm using ePO 4.5 and have several distributed repositories.  I frequently see the error 'unable to find a valid repository' in the agent logs and the connecting machine will not update.  Some machines updating from the repositories are ok, others are not. 

Any idea where I should start looking?

Thanks for any help.  

• 1. Re: Unable to find a valid repository
          Katalyst

Hi Isagel,

One reason agents will get that message is if the Master and Distributed Repositories are out of sync.

I've seen this issue in my environment when changes have been made to the Master Repository without those changes being replicated to the Distributed Repositories straight away (eg. checking in extra.dats and not kicking off a replicate to distributed repositories task immediately).

• 2. Re: Unable to find a valid repository
            Isagel

Oddly enough the problem resolved itself, I did nothing.  This does happen frequently though.  

• 3. Re: Unable to find a valid repository
              Sk1dMARK

When I experience issues like this, DNS seems to be the cause.  So...ensure DNS is functioning properly. 

In some cases, I add the ePO servers and distributed repositories to the hosts file on the client-node.  This seems to clear the issue and I have not dug any further to see if there is another cause.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark