1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 18, 2011 12:03 AM by mplb

European accents in message stamping

mplb

I'm having a problem trying to implement outbound disclaimer (using the message stamping facility) on our Email Gateway (Ironmail) appliances. The version is 6.7.2.

I've set up both HTML and Plain Text versions of the disclaimer. The HTML version works perfectly but the Plain Text version is causing me grief.

When I include any 'special' characters such as é and à in the plain text disclaimer the whole thing just gets ignored and does not get appended to the outbound messages. It doesn't just miss out the special characters. It just sends the messages without any disclaimer at all.

Below is an excerpt from an email sent via our Email Gateway showing the character set. My email client (Novell GroupWise) is set to encode with UTF8 but the character set below shows US-ASCII. Could this be the issue? As I understand it US-ASCII is a subset of UTF8 so I don't understand why it's not working.

Mime-Version: 1.0

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Content-Disposition: inline

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset="US-ASCII"

Can anyone advise me on how I can get our disclaimer to be sent out using characters (French in this case) such as these?

Thanks