Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
3904 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 17, 2011 3:15 PM by k3tg RSS
jsager Newcomer 1 posts since
Jun 17, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 17, 2011 9:40 AM

Firewall will not stay on

My grand daughter was using my computer and later after she left I noticed that the firewall was off.  When I try to turn it back on it it won't stay on it continuues to turn right back off.  I called my grand daughter and she insists that she didn't download or try to install anything but I'm skepical.  Does nayone have any suggestions?  I did a complete scan with McAfee and it returned no viruses or trojans.

• k3tg Veteran 867 posts since
    May 22, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 17, 2011 3:15 PM (in response to jsager)
    Re: Firewall will not stay on

You may want to try to follow some of the suggestions in this document regarding the McAfee stinger scan and some of the others mentioned in Anti-Spyware, Malware & Hijacker Tools to give you some peace of mind.

May i first suggest you try to run the McAfee Virtual technician found at the top of this page under Useful Links in the Technical support link. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and if it finds any it will attempt to fix them for you. If the firewall will not stay on after performing some of the suggestions above, you could contact Technical Support Chat who could remote connect into your computer to see if there are any conflicts. You would need to grant them permission to do so and they have many more tools available than we have here on the forum.

Let us know how things go for you

Tom K3TG

Volunteer Moderator

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points