5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 8:42 AM by Dinz

Loss of Network Connectivity post Security Centre Update

Have a recurring problem since  my Security Centre updated to Version 11 last week.; not sure if this should be a new post or not, as I saw passing references to similar problem under the “Real Time Scanning Keeps Turning Off” post. (although no prob with my Real Time Scanning). Basically, I have to reinstall my network adapter driver every day after start-up to restore connectivity & have the following recurring events:

• Windows Defender Real-Time Protection agent has detected changes. Microsoft recommends you analyze the software that made these changes for potential risks. You can use information about how these programs operate to choose whether to allow them to run or remove them from your computer.  Allow changes only if you trust the program or the software publisher. Windows Defender can't undo changes that you allow.

For more information please see the following:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=74409

Scan ID Scan ID: {F9B28CF3-025D-44FE-8BF0-C42CC6672C72}

User: BEARS\Lou

Name: Unknown

ID:

Severity: Not Yet Classified

Category: Not Yet Classified

Path Found: driver:mfeavfk01

Alert Type: Unclassified software

Detection Type:

• File replacement was attempted on the protected system file b57xp32.sys. This file was restored to the original version to maintain system stability. The file version of the bad file is 8.48.0.0, the version of the system file is 2.16.0.0.

• Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller: This driver does not support this device.  Upgrade to the latest driver.

I did do a Restore last week when trying to re-establish connectivity (not well tolerated by McAfee, I know), however, I have also run MVT (nothing), McAfee full scan (nothing), Anti-Spyware (Spybot, Super-Anti Spywaye & MBAM) which also found nothing. The only thing I haven’t done is Uninstall & Reinstall McAfee; should that be my next step? Before I do, any known reasons why Mcafee system filter drivers would be interfering with any other drivers?

My Current Sys Specs are:

Dell Latitude D620 Laptop

Windows XP Pro-SP3

Mcafee Security Centre: 11.0.555

Mcafee Virus Scan: 15.0.288

Mcafee Firewall: 12.0.335

Please & Thanks. GB