2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2011 9:12 AM by Regis

making windows 7 image guide me

risingflight

I use norton ghost and i am making Windows 7 image,

So other than deleting Agent GUID in Agent Folder in registries, do i need to remove other entries like Mac Address and keys folder.please guide me

we are using McAfee EPO 4.5 with Virus Scan 8.7 P4 and Antisypware 8.7

I have disabled windows firewall , do i need to remove windows defender.

• 1. Re: making windows 7 image guide me
          JoeBidgood

From the ePO point of view, all you need to remove is the AgentGUID value. You can remove the MAC address and key entries, but there's no need to do so as they'll be recreated when the GUID is.

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: making windows 7 image guide me
            Regis

See your ePolicy Orchestrator Product Guide  document (for whatever version you're running of ePO).  https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 21000/PD21812/en_US/epo_450_product_guide_en-us.pdf   for 4.5.  

Page 66 details various deployment methods.  For image based methods it advises

"Administrator creates an image that contains the agent and deploys the Deploying an image containing the agent (Windows)

• Removing the GUID and MAC address allows the agent to image. Before creating the image, the generate a new GUID and MAC

address upon the first agent-server communication. administrator removes the agent GUID and MAC address from the agent

section of the registry. • Failure to remove the GUID and MAC address results in "sequencing errors" from the multiple identical systems"

Page 72 details "Including the agent on an image"  but doesn't talke about MAC address removal at all, just yanking the guid by wacking

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent\AgentGUID

I don't recall stressing over removing MAC addresses in our deployment.