3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2011 4:33 PM by Peter M

Using MBAM Pro with McAfee; Is appended Firewall Program Permissions correct?

spc3rd

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm considering downloading the Malwarebytes Pro (paid version).  I have appended to this posting an MS Word file containing a list of the exclusions I am told should be added to my McAfee Firewall Program Permissions in order for the software to run concurrently with McAfee.  (I presently have MBAM (free version) installed...which I will uninstall prior to downloading the paid version).

My questions:  (1) - Are the items shown in the listing correct,  (2) - is there anything else I need do, to avoid any problems with the real-time scanning?

My Cox Security Suite (powered by McAfee) info is shown below:

Security Center

version:  10.5

build:  10.5.239

affld:  636

VirusScan

version:  14.5

build:  14.5.130

DAT:  6375

Firewall

version:  11.5

build:  11.5.141

Thank you for your time, review of my inquiry, and any additional information!

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/13/11 3:10:34 PM EDT
        • 1. Re: Using MBAM Pro with McAfee; Is appended Firewall Program Permissions correct?
          Peter M

I see you've been asking about this in MBAM's Forums.   Yes there's no problem adding processes to McAfee's permission list, however we've always recommended products that don't include real-time protection, such as MBAM Free, for a reason, as they could feasibly clash with McAfee on that score.

It will probably be OK but any problems you get should be asked on their forums as I know the answer our support will give without even checking....remove MBAM Pro.

To add exceptions is easy...

Double-click the icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Web and Email Protection

Click Firewall

Click Internet Connection for Programs

Add whatever you want there.

Don't forget there is a comprehensive Help section in SecurityCenter for more information.

I have MSC v11 installed, so in yours instead of Internet Connection for Programs the drawer may be labelled Program Permissions, I can't recall when that changed, sorry.

• 2. Re: Using MBAM Pro with McAfee; Is appended Firewall Program Permissions correct?
            spc3rd

Hi Peter!

Thanks very much for the information. I have encountered a problem with trying to add files from the list I appended, but I just started a new discussion topic on this in the Firewall forum, if you get a chance to look at my description of it there.  And, yes...you're right...I did start my search within the MWB forum first before coming here.  It seemed like it might be the best place to begin.

Many thanks again!

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/13/11 5:23:11 PM EDT