1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2011 7:51 AM by Dinz

False positive on VideoRedo

Since the virus updates in the last days the scanner now reports a false positive on the VideoRedo TV suite (videoredo.com). The error has been discussed in the forums at videoredo and is experienced by a number of users. There appears to be no way to permanently exclude the VideoRedo directory or executable, i.e. I cannot use VideoRedo on the same computer as McAfee. I have to uninstall McAfee to work with VideoRedo.

Can this please be addressed asap. As I point out, this has been introduced in the last week, not sure exactly which day. It's a false positive and the installation of the trial directly from the web site will demonstrate the error.

• 1. Re: False positive on VideoRedo

I'm not "replying", merely adding to the request to fix this ASAP since I have done everything possible to add the "suspect" files to the excluded list, but McAfee keeps telling me I'm not allowed to do that.  What's the use of having an exclude list if you're not allowed to use your own discretion as to which files to exclude? 

So, right now my VideoRedo software is rendered useless thanks to McAfee.  Boy, it's one problem after another with McAfee and it IS getting VERY, VERY old!!!  I have 4 pcs covered by McAfee, but I'm going to start researching other security software to use once my subscription is over with.

• 2. Re: False positive on VideoRedo

I'm also having the same problem with videoredo listed as a false positive. 

The file(videoredo.exe) is too big to send to Mcafee from the quarantied list.

Mcafee, please fix this error ASAP!!

PhBtBet stated "So, right now my VideoRedo software is rendered useless thanks to McAfee.  Boy, it's one problem after another with McAfee and it IS getting VERY, VERY old!!! "

Boy, ain't that the truth....

• 3. Re: False positive on VideoRedo
              Peacekeeper

Email the file to them as per

http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

When they reply reply back with subject "False positive and name of detection"

Say why you think it is a false +ve.

All 3 you do this the more the faster the action

I have also pinged someone

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 13/06/11 7:12:53 PM
              • 4. Re: False positive on VideoRedo
                vinoo

Thanks for reporting. The W32/Rimecud.gen.az false on Videoredo files have been fixed in our beta dats and will reflect in today 6376 DAT release.

Best,
                Vinoo

• 5. Re: False positive on VideoRedo

Well, I updated my McAfee after reading the above post and then re-downloaded VideoRedoTVSuite--all to no avail!!  It immediately killed the program again.

Does this mean the DAT files haven't been released to the general public yet?  My DAT version is 6375, so obviously the update did nothing for me.  When can we expect to get the 6376 DAT release????

• 6. Re: False positive on VideoRedo
                    Peacekeeper

Be happy I skipped the process I mentioned and emailed vinoo direct. Only did that as 3 reports and mention of it being an old issue.

It will be fixed next update.

• 7. Re: False positive on VideoRedo

I also had a similar problem on Sunday, 12/06/2011, and add my report in support of the other 3.

VRDActConfirm.exe was quarantined and removed reporting W32/Rimecudgen/az(Trojan) and VideoReDo3.exe disappeared.

I did not know if it was a false positive or a real issue and would like to thank VideoReDo for their prompt response (28 minutes)on Monday to my email on how to recover the files.

I have updated McAfee after reading this discussion and the version is 6376, however, I do not intend to re-install VideoReDo until Saturday.

I also copied my email to Mcafee support and have just received a reply Wednesday, 8:40 pm linked to this discusiion.

Unfortunately, all the steps provided cannot be followed and I'll post another update after I try to re-install VideoReDo.

• 8. Re: False positive on VideoRedo

It's fixed.

• 9. Re: False positive on VideoRedo
                          Jayadeep NR

Good to hear it.

1 2 Previous Next