1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2011 8:26 AM by RaviShankar

Saas Desktop protection install error: can not change to destination folder (Need help)

When i try to install 'Desktop Protection' trough SaaS (Security As A Service), it displays the following error when running the saved installer:

Title: McAfee Managemed Service Agent Installer ver 2

I try to install this on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64 server. Yes i ran it with admin right, and yes, admin has right on C:\. So what could possible be the cause of this mysterious message?

• 1. Re: Saas Desktop protection install error: can not change to destination folder (Need help)
          RaviShankar

Hi Jaimy,

I have read your post.

Please follow the given instructions to install McAfee through vssetup.Please ignore if any of the trouble shooting steps ended in failure and simply proceed with the installation procedures that is given below.

1. Log on to the security center from www.mcafeeasap.com
          2. Click on the tab utilities-> select Migration & Optimization --> download cleanup utility.
          3. Delete all the entries from start->Run->temp and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Some will not delete)
          4.  Delete all the entries from start->Run->%temp% and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Some will not delete)
          5.  Delete all the entries from start->Run->prefetch and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Some will not delete)
          6. Reboot the computer.

Installation :

To install the updates for the Total Protection Service, please use the Silent installation method.

1. Open the webpage www.mcafeeasap.com and login with your security center.
          2. Click on utilities on the top
          3. under the installation tab, select the second option silent installation to download.
          4. save the vssetup.exe file to your c: drive.
          5. Now click start --> type Run --> type cmd and hit enter to open command prompt.

Type cd\ (enter)

6.copy this command and paste

VSSETUP.EXE / CK = ********************* /P=VFB (CK = company key)

Where P is the parameter and V is the virus scan, F the firewall and B the browser protection. If you want to exclude installation of any software you need to omit that parameter from the above command.

Just wait for 5 minutes McAfee will be automatically get installed in your computer.

on 6/21/11 8:26:39 AM CDT