Not so for mine In FF4. No tick there and clicking that shows google site popup.
Never a grey out
Dont have Show Balloon option - other options there but not that one.
Hi Tony - am using Chrome
Ah that might be it. Sorry I do not have it
Welcome to the McAfee Community Forums, Bordehill!
I have discovered one way to keep the "balloons" from opening when you pass your cursor over them, although it's a little off the beaten path, so-to-speak.
If I increase my Internet security level (under the <Security> tab in Internet Options) to HIGH, the balloons will not automatically display. I have to click on them to display the information box.
This may or may not be an option for you. Aside from just not passing the mouse pointer over the balloons, the only other option I know of is this:
- Click on the McAfee icon in your toolbar.
- Click on Options...
- Click on the down arrow in the box shown to the right of the words, "In my search results"
- Select "Don't show site ratings" from the 3 options displayed
- Click on Save to save your selection.
This will keep the ballloons from even being displayed. I am puzzled as to why the balloon option is not shown when you click on the McAfee icon though.
Perhaps other community forum members may have a better answer than I.
Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/9/11 2:56:37 PM EDT
Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/9/11 2:59:14 PM EDT
@bordehill : there's no way I can see to prevent the SiteAdvisor balloon from being triggered when you roll the mouse over the rating symbol. There are two drastic ways to stop it altogether, neither of which is what you want.
2. In Chrome, click on the green McAfee shield, select Options, and the SiteAdvisor options window will appear. Click on the General tab, and in 'In my Search results' select 'Don't show site ratings'.
That's it, I'm afraid. This question was dealt with some while back in this thread and I'm not aware of any changes to the display options since then.