1 2 3 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2007 12:16 AM by alexvbalkom

    uninstall tool

      Hey guys,

      My problem:

      In our network we have 2 epo server's running 1 old and 1 new.
      The old 1 needs to go, we made adjustments in the logon script and told the apo agent to get the update and stuff from our new server.
      80% is communicating with the new server but the other 20% are refusing to connect there.

      What i need to do now is remove the epo agent from the clients that don't connect, preferably executed local not via the server. (if there is a tool for the server please let me know)

      This is a lot of work, we are talking about 20% of 3000 computers.

      Now my question: Is there a tool to quickly remove an epo agent from a local client, so i can send the new correct agent.

      Thanks in advance,
        • 1. RE: uninstall tool
          tonyb99
          2 spring to mind immediately


          1) Import workstation list and use send agent install (with admin rights user) and check the tick box to overwrite.

          2) Use scripting or batch files to run the uninstall executable on the local workstations (this needs local admins - u can do this with psexec or scripting from AD)
          eg:

          "c:\program files\mcafee\common framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall /silent
          • 2. RE: uninstall tool
            Tnx, this will help me alot!

            Now another problem i ran into, how to silent uninstall the antivirus software?
            This will only uninstall the agent.

            Thanks in advance,
            • 3. RE: uninstall tool
              tonyb99
              Why do you want to uninstall the VSE software??

              If you upgrading from 8.00 to 8.5 then you just tell your new epo server deployment task to uninstall 8.00 and install 8.5
              • 4. RE: uninstall tool
                hmmm, you got a point there.

                If I put the command in run or cmd c:\program files\mcafee\common framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall /silent I get an error:

                Cannot find c:\program.
                If i cd to the directory via cmd it does work, what am i doing wrong?

                tnx
                • 5. RE: uninstall tool
                  tonyb99
                  did you leave in the last speech mark at the end of the path??

                  they were just there as i copied that patch out of a script, if you run that as a batch file locally you dont need the script marks
                  • 6. RE: uninstall tool
                    With or without same error: cannot find C:\program.

                    And if i stand in the directory common framework via cmd and run the command it works.
                    But for over 700 computers its not a very good idea to do this manually.

                    Strange.. if I type c:\program files\mcafee\Common Framework\frminst.exe the program runs. only with the c:\program files\mcafee\common framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall /silent he gives an error.

                    Enter: cd "C:\"
                    Enter: cd "Program Files"
                    Enter: cd "McAfee"
                    Enter: cd "Common Framework"
                    Enter: "frminst.exe /forceuninstall /silent"

                    This works but why doesn't this one work: c:\program files\mcafee\common framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall /silent
                    • 7. RE: uninstall tool
                      tonyb99
                      c:\program files\mcafee\common framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall /silent

                      did you leave in this speech mark?
                      • 8. RE: uninstall tool
                        no, it doesn't work same error
                        • 9. RE: uninstall tool
                          tonyb99
                          try it without the /silent script option
                          1 2 3 Previous Next