4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2011 12:53 PM by paulhorn77

NVM Report fails to Generate

I recently moved Foundstone into the domain and now I am unable to view the reports once the scans are complete.  They execute fine and when the status bar indicates "transmitting" and then "generating report" it indicates "failed" right after generating report. 

Any ideas?

Message was edited by: paulhorn77 on 6/3/11 3:00:37 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: NVM Report fails to Generate
          Anantha Kumar

After reports are generated, reports are pushed to Enterprise Manager, check if the host name or IP address is correct in FCM -> Tools -> Preferences -> Report server -> 'Enterprise manager server address'  box.

• 2. Re: NVM Report fails to Generate

OK I went ahead an check in FCM.  Everything in there looks fine and indicated (Connected).  What is weird is even though the report indicates it failed and you don't get a download or view link if you look in the actualy windows file structure in the Reports folder the zipped files is in there.  It just does not integrate into the Reports viewer inside the Vulnerability Manager.

• 3. Re: NVM Report fails to Generate

hi Paul,

That points to a "report transfer" problem vs. a "report generation" problem.  Anantha's suggestion is spot on.  Also check the reportserver.log for specific errors.  You may have to enable verbose report server logging:

Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Foundstone\ReportServer

Create a DWORD value "DebugMode" value "4"

Restart the ReportServer service

Rerun the report

Check the ReportServer.log (in ~foundstone\Logs)

If it's still an issue, then I suggest a Service Request to pursue.

Hope that helps!
              Cathy

Oh, one other thought... if they exist on the Portal Server side, then perhaps you have the Reports directory misconfigured in the Portal\Config.ini??

• 4. Re: NVM Report fails to Generate

Yeah I check and the IP address was correct.  When I dropped it out of the domain the report succeeds and functions fine.