1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 2, 2011 5:26 PM by ekrocket

Getting Infected on Purpose? Known Rogue AV and/or Poisoned links for testing?

Remember the easy days of simple viruses? Discover, disnfect, done? We dont have much issue with viruses anymore at our company. Our nemesis is Rogue AV and poisoned links leading to such backdoor malware.

We use McAfee VSE 8.7i here but its a bit complex to setup geared to specific to these attacks. Also considering Malwarebytes Pro for these type attacks.

I want to setup a test PC with McAfee VSE and MWB Pro on it and try to get it infected. Is there a list of known infected sites or links by chance for testing?
        • 1. Re: Getting Infected on Purpose? Known Rogue AV and/or Poisoned links for testing?
          ekrocket

that may be a little difficult if youre actually LOOKING for an infection...kinda like going to the doctor and suddenly you feel better. I have found various types of infections but then revisit the site and all is ok. Im not sure what you mean by "infected"...fake alert? autorun worm? TDSS? the most common is a fake alert which i have zipped up...but its old. Guaranteed McAfee to catch it once executed.

The thing ive noticed with malwarebytes is that it deletes harmless reg files that are not part of the initial infection, so it may seem like  a hero at the end of the day, but you may end up with more problems in the long run. if you do find something, let me know. id like some infections on my pc as well (VM test images of course)

Message was edited by: ekrocket on 6/2/11 5:26:56 PM CDT