5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 12:31 PM by sphalen1

EMM - Gmail

choscar08

Hi,

I have installed EMM v9.5; my question is, can i use Gmail to work with EMM ?? If yes, how can i do that.

Thanks and regards.

• 1. Re: EMM - Gmail

Yes, you can use Gmail to work with EMM.  Only caveat is that you need to select the "ActiveSync Authentication" when you are installing. 

• ActiveSync Server:  Enter in your EMMPortal server FQDN - fully qualitifed domian name.  Example:  mobile.company.com
          • Domain Name:  gmail.com
          • Verification Email address: current user
          • Verifiacation password:
          • ActiveSync External Address:  m.google.com

You will have to reinstall EMM as there is no migration path from the AD/Domino Auth to ActiveSync.

Mike.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: EMM - Gmail
            choscar08

Hi Mike,

What happend with the portal certificate ?. Now, i remember that EMM has only 2 ways of Authentication (AD and Domino), where we get the ActiveSync Authentication ?.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: EMM - Gmail

You still need the portal certificate as the installer will still ask for that.  When you get to the Authentication screen, the drop down will have 3 options.  One of the options is the ActiveSync Authentication.  You need to select this during the installation because you cannot select that authe method after EMM is installed.

• 4. Re: EMM - Gmail
                choscar08

Thanks Mike,

i will install another server to work with.

Regards.

• 5. Re: EMM - Gmail
                  sphalen1

Anyone get EMM to work with Gmail? I set up the auth directory as described here, configured a policy with ActiveSync Endpoint of 'Other' and pointing the external EMM to m.google.com. Do I also need to check 'Configure an ActiveSync account while provisioning'?

Every time I install the profile/enterprise activation my iPhone pulls the Starter Policy.

Thanks in advance.

Scott