1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2011 12:07 AM by Jayadeep NR

internet security 2011 keeps deactivating

im using mcafee internet security 2011 on windows 7 os... for how many times since i've purchased the license, the product keeps deactivating itself... i keep uninstalling and reinstalling just for the program to run properly... its starting to become a nuisance already... is there a bug with your product that conflicts with windows 7 platform? i have no other anti-virus software or spyware installed... please do something about this problem because im beginning to regret i even purchased a mcafee software and i don't think i will be using mcafee in the future anymore... 

• 1. Re: internet security 2011 keeps deactivating
          Jayadeep NR

Hi,

Open Internet Explorer and login to McAfee account using the link https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx?ErrCode=PLEASE.

Under the My Protection Products section, select the subscription from which you would like a license released.

1.PNG

Find the name of computer which has the issue and click the Deactivate button to the right.

deactivatesub.JPG

After you have successfully deactivated the license, you may please open McAfee and click on “Reactivate” button.

It may open McAfee account page and enter your login credential, if it ask to login to McAfee account.

Right click on M icon from the system tray and try to update and McAfee and let us know if it fixed the issue.

update-M icon.jpg

on 1/6/11 10:37:00 AM IST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful