3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2011 4:48 PM by spc3rd Branched from an earlier discussion.

Ostensible topic : Real Time Scanning is disabled

I'M HAVING THE SAME ISSUE BUT MCAFEE IS RUND BY A BUNCH OF NAZI'S AND WONT FIX IT SO I'M SWITCHING TO NORTON BECAUSE ITS BETTER AND NOT RUN BY NAZI'S

• 1. Re: Real Time Scanning suddenly went off and thereafter would not stay on
          Hayton

If you're here to ask a question about McAfee products, then ask. If you're here to rant and foam at the mouth, you'll be banned from these forums in double-quick time.

Which is it to be?

Your other post in the Business Section was misplaced and totally out of order, and I've consigned it to perdition.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 28/05/11 05:45:53 IST
          • 2. Re: Real Time Scanning suddenly went off and thereafter would not stay on
            Peter M

Good luck is all I can say as I doubt Norton would behave any better with that attitude.  Posting in all caps is termed 'shouting' in net parlance and therefore considered rude, apart from being difficult to read. 

Also opening with a confrontational, insulting approach is no way to obtain help from anyone, we are all unpaid volunteers here and don't take too kindly to that approach.

I gather from another now removed post that you have Windows 7 32-bit - is it up to date?   If it was it would be Windows 7 SP1.  (Help with installing that HERE.)

What version of Internet Explorer is installed?  That can affect how McAfee behaves.  (Open IE and go to Help > About).

What other security software have you now or have you had installed and was this installation new or an upgrade from an older version?

Are you in the habit of using registry cleaners?

What kind of problems are you getting; popups, errors etc?   Without more explanation we can't really offer any suggestions as we aren't mind readers.

Lastly, if you really want a refund there is no problem getting one as long as it's within 30 days of purchase., just contact Customer Service linked under Useful Links above.

Refund Policy

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/05/11 8:42:03 EDT AM
            • 3. Re: Ostensible topic : Real Time Scanning is disabled
              spc3rd

To nijaiseeyou:

Although, I am not a moderator as Hayton and Peter are, I most certainly concur with their respective responses to your posting in the McAfee forums.  You just joined the forums 1 day ago and your first posting is reprehensible! 

Yet, despite your obvious lack of tact & interactive etiquette...both Hayton and Peter were still willing to try and assist you with your problem.  I should think you would at least have the decency to express some appreciation to them

They both volunteer many hours of their respective time in trying to help McAfee product users with problems they may be experiencing.

I strongly suggest you lose the attitude if you ever expect to obtain any kind of assistance on-line...anywhere!

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 5/28/11 6:48:25 PM ADT