Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
14060 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2011 4:09 PM by Ex_Brit RSS
grimmmmm Newcomer 1 posts since
May 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 27, 2011 12:11 PM

White Blank Screen - McAfee Internet Security

Hello

I have finally lost my patience with this problem and have decided to post on these discussion forums.

I have recently had a problem with McAfee Internet Security. I first was made aware of this problem one day when I turned on my PC to play my usual games, and noticed I kept randomly getting tabbed out and back to the desktop. I thought it was to do with McAfee as I thought it would be a virus scan running or something. I attempted to open McAfee by clicking the icon in the bottom tray, nothing happened. I then went into start and opened it via that menu, the screen that came up was blank. I thought it was just a bug so restarted my PC and suddenly McAfee was working again so played my games.

Then the next day I came on to play some more games and the same thing happened. I restarted, but it didn't resolve the problem this time. This was 2 days ago now, and it is still causing problems. The icon in the bottom tray does nothing, and when I open it through start menu I just get a white screen. If I want to do ANYTHING on my PC without McAfee minimising or interfering with whatever I'm doing and putting the blank screen up on my desktop, I have to end several processes running that are in relation to my McAfee product.

After a few days I obviously got annoyed at this and started looking for solutions, only to find I am not the only person with this problem.

I found several different "solutions" including:

Reinstalling IE8

Uninstalling and then Reinstalling IE8

Ending the processes and starting them again.

None of these worked at all. I saw some people commenting on "beta IE" but I never downloaded or updated to any beta internet explorer products. I would also like to state that I have not updated or touched any new files in the few days this has happened.

I then decided that I would uninstall McAfee and Reinstall it as it might be a problem with the program itself. I go into control panel and click uninstall programs etc, but to my delight when I try to uninstall the program a white blank screen pops up and I can do NOTHING to get the program uninstalled. I'm at a loss as what to do.

This is the first problem I have had with McAfee in all my years of using it.

Any help would be appreciated.

GRIMMMMM

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points