3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2011 2:40 AM by Laszlo G

Help with updating ePO 4.5

Hi,

I'm working on keeping our McAfee ePO 4.5 up to date, but I'm not quite sure how to update things such as our McAfee Agent, Antispyware Module, and some other components.  The DAT and the MER for ePO are staying up to date though.  Can someone help or point me in the right direction?  I haven't used this too much and am trying to learn more about it.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Help with updating ePO 4.5
          Laszlo G

Hi CBoe, you don't have to worry about DAT, engine and BOF DAT because these will be updated with your ePO automated tasks.

Antispyware module is not usually updated as it's only a VSE module so don't be worried about it.

McAfee Agent is now at patch 2 level, it's 4.5.0.1810 and that's what you should see in your ePO repository.

If you're using VirusScan 8.7 or 8.5 you should have noticed that its version in ePO's repository is always 8.7.0.570 even if patches inside change. Everytime McAfee releases a new patch for VSE they also release a new installer with this patch (for example VSE870LMLRP5.zip that means repost patch 5).

You just need to check the VSE package again into your ePO and it will overwrite old one for new deployments and you'll also need the package with patch 5 (in this case) to upgrade VSE instalations with older patches.

All this stuff must be manually downloaded at McAfee's site with your grant number

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Help with updating ePO 4.5

Thanks for the info.

I see that our McAfee Agent in our Master Repository is 4.5.0.1499.  I noticed the VirusScan is at 8.7.0.570. 

How do I check the VSE package in to get it updated into ePO and how do I update the McAfee agent?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Help with updating ePO 4.5
              Laszlo G

If you're not sure wich patch has your VirusScan package then download it again from McAfee's site (and so McAfee Agent 4.5 patch 2).

Once you have downloaded them you just need to check them into your repository through Menu->Software->Master Repository->Actions->Check In Package->

Once checked in you just need to do the same with the other package