2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2011 10:06 AM by A-CAST

ePO 4.6 Software Manager Questions

A-CAST

I just installed ePO 4.6 and I'm a little confused about 2 different things within the Software Manager.

1.  When I look in Checked In Software > Licensed, I see both McAfee Agent 4.5 and 4.6 with a status of "Up to Date".  4.5 is checked in and at the latest version but there is a Management Extension Patch 2 Updated that's version 4.6.0.287 that has "Download" under Actions?  Why is there a 4.6.0.287 version of this patch for a 4.5 Agent?  Why did the install of ePO 4.6 include both 4.5 and 4.6 of the Agent if it's going to use 4.5 as the default agent?

When I select the McAfee 4.6 Agent under Products it shows every component as a Release Candidate, but only Reporting and Policy Extension is checked in.  The Help Extension is available to be checked in, but I don't see any "Install" for this agent.  If it's available I want to run Agent 4.6 not 4.5?

2.  When I look in Software Not Checked In > Licensed, I see ePO 4.6 with a "Not Checked In" status, but below I see that the Available Version is the same as the one I have installed which is the base install of 4.6.0.1029?  If this is the base install then why is it even showing up on this list when it's already installed?

• 1. Re: ePO 4.6 Software Manager Questions
          Laszlo G

A-CAST escribió:

I just installed ePO 4.6 and I'm a little confused about 2 different things within the Software Manager.

1.  When I look in Checked In Software > Licensed, I see both McAfee Agent 4.5 and 4.6 with a status of "Up to Date".  4.5 is checked in and at the latest version but there is a Management Extension Patch 2 Updated that's version 4.6.0.287 that has "Download" under Actions?  Why is there a 4.6.0.287 version of this patch for a 4.5 Agent?  Why did the install of ePO 4.6 include both 4.5 and 4.6 of the Agent if it's going to use 4.5 as the default agent?

This is because management extension is shared between different versions of McAfee Agent

When I select the McAfee 4.6 Agent under Products it shows every component as a Release Candidate, but only Reporting and Policy Extension is checked in.  The Help Extension is available to be checked in, but I don't see any "Install" for this agent.  If it's available I want to run Agent 4.6 not 4.5?

You won't see any install link for agent 4.6 until it's released to the world

2.  When I look in Software Not Checked In > Licensed, I see ePO 4.6 with a "Not Checked In" status, but below I see that the Available Version is the same as the one I have installed which is the base install of 4.6.0.1029?  If this is the base install then why is it even showing up on this list when it's already installed?

As ePO installer is not a product you can check into your repository I think it will always be shown as not checked-in but available for you to download the latest version

• 2. Re: ePO 4.6 Software Manager Questions
            A-CAST

Thanks for the explanations...but it would of been easier if McAfee would of just waited to release McAfee Agent 4.6 to the world before it makes you think you have it in your repository