0 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2011 12:15 PM by crc27dor

Access Protection Rules - Common Standard Protection

I have seen some discussion related to this error, but nothing since 2009.  If this has been answered befor, please excuse me.  In the settings for

VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0 > Access Protection Policies > Common Standard Protection > Prevent termination of McAfee processes when I check both report and block, I get a lot of reporting going on from various servers.  We are running VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0.570.Srv and these are Windows 2008 R2 servers 64-bit.  I am seeing reports of WMIprvse, CCMExec.exe, Naviagent.exe, and several other legitimate software reporting as attempting to terminate the McAfee processes, or attempting to modify the McAfee settings.  One of our SQL admins here said he remembered reading that this was a problem on on 64 bit operating systems because VSE does not run in true 64 bit mode.  He said that virusscan interprets any attempt by any software to see what processes are running as an attempt to stop the services, when in fact, it is only reading, and has not attempted to stop.  I really don't want to add all of these exe to the exclusions list.  Is this true, and has this finally been fixed in VSE 8.8 or am I doomed forever to put in exclusions for processes that are not a problem?