7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2011 9:34 AM by sr131

epo 46- client task catalog - You do not have access to any products

After upgrading ePO to the latest 4.6 we don't have any access to the client tasks.

When we click on 'client task catalog', 'client tasks assignments' or assigned client task' ePO return a blanco screen with the message "you do not have access to any products"

All managed tasks are removed from all computers.

How can we solve that problem without losing all others information ?

• 1. Re: epo 46- client task catalog - You do not have access to any products
          Laszlo G

IT looks that there's a known problem with ePO 4.6 and tasks, hope that helps:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71748

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: epo 46- client task catalog - You do not have access to any products

IT helps to see the tasks but ... I have another problem may be linked to that problem...

Every time I try to check in an extention the McAfee Epo application server crashs

I have te restart the service and nothing happened

If I use the new update function to download and install newer products It crashs to.

I remove epo 46 and make a new install ... same problem. application server service stopt when check-in

PS. We restored our epo 45 on production and try further to solve the problem in test environmment.

• 3. Re: epo 46- client task catalog - You do not have access to any products

ulyses31 wrote:

IT looks that there's a known problem with ePO 4.6 and tasks, hope that helps:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71748

"The article was not found, or is no longer available." McAfee is sure that the issue has been solved?

• 4. Re: epo 46- client task catalog - You do not have access to any products

Not yet

I've open a call by McAfee and they investigate the problem.

The main problem likes to be located in the McAfee Application Server which crachs every time we try to check-in extension.

The empty task catalog comes from the unpossibility of check-in an extension.

• 5. Re: epo 46- client task catalog - You do not have access to any products

I know I'm replying to an older post - but I ran into the exact same problems ("you do not have access to any products", and Application Server crashes when checking in an extension) and I would like to share what I found.

McAfee support suggested trying the steps in KB71389 - but that was no help.  I ended up applying the "Workaround" in KB71923 because "Problem 3" sounded somewhat like the problem I had (I know - it was a long-shot), and that brought back all my client tasks (and the clients are actually running the tasks as scheduled again!).

However, now I'm left with the problem you have.  If I try to check in the extension for VirusScan 8.8 (which I removed trying to fix the original tasks problem), the Application Server crashes almost immediately.  I can't seem to find any explination for the crash in the logs.  I also get the same kind of crash if I try to upgrade the VirusScan 8.7 extension.  Other extensions seem to check in OK.

ATS-Groep - have you had any luck working with McAfee to fix the application server crash?  I'm thinking about opening a case with them too, but I've never had good luck with McAfee tech support.

• 6. Re: epo 46- client task catalog - You do not have access to any products
                    JoeBidgood

Please do open a case with support - I'm currently working on the other case, but so far without success at identifying a cause. (It only happens in a virtual machine - physical machines appear OK.)

Thanks for the information regarding it only affecting VSE extensions - I'll have to check this.

Thanks -

Joe

• 7. Re: epo 46- client task catalog - You do not have access to any products

Joe - Just to be clear, this is happening on a phyiscal server (at least in my case).  tomcat5.exe registers a crash with Windows Error Reporting right after ePO starts to install the extension.  There is not much that I can find in orion.log that looks relevant to the crash.  The timestamps in orion.log suddenly stop at the crash point, the next entries are from when I restart the Application Server service.  After the service restarts, I do get a few warnings that the extension is in a partially installed state, and that there was an error running uninstall script for the extension.  I then get a message that says "com.mcafee.orion.core.ext.ExtensionException: Could not create task or type of type: remove-policy.  Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon."    I'm not sure if these messages are normal during an extension roll-back, or if these indicate something broken on my install (maybe some libraries are missing?).

Anyway, I did some experimenting this morning.  I seem to be able to check in help content extensions OK (Agent 4.6.0 Help checked-in without issue), but I get a crash when I try to check in a management extension (for example, I tried the HIPS 8.0 extension this morning, and it caused a crash).

I'll gather all the information I have together, and open a case with McAfee support later today. 

Thanks!