4 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2011 3:12 PM by Peter M

Email being sent by my computer

I keep sending out an email with this link

hxxp://sindireccion.com/link_friend.php?syhotmailID=65ysy

McAfee says I do not have a virus but it still goes out without me forwarding it. Any ideas ?

Link broken by moderator in case it is malicious.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/05/11 12:21:58 EDT PM
        • 1. Re: Email being sent by my computer
          Peter M

Moved this to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance.

Are these emails definitely being sent from your machine, are they in the sent mail folder, or is someone else receiving emails purporting to be sent by you?

If the latter is the case and there are no sent mails in your email client then the chances are it's someone else's machine who has you in their contact list that is infected.

Either way, download, update and run the FREE version of THIS software just in case.

• 2. Re: Email being sent by my computer
            Hayton

The link you removed may be malicious. The site "sindireccion.com" has a very poor WOT rating; it appears to offer domain names and web hosting facilities. sindireccion.com crops up in a Google search with a preponderance of Hispanic websites in the results.

However, there are posts in Yahoo Groups that contains the "link_friend.php?" part which come from someone called Satyam Jani :nsvkms_2006_2008 - Messages - 767-796 of 796.png

There is also an urgent message from this person :

Satyam Jani - Yahoo message.png

So if McAfee isn't finding a virus I would advise running one or more anti-malware programs. If the one recommended finds nothing, perhaps Windows Defender is also worth trying. There are of course others.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 21/05/11 20:13:33 IST

Message was edited by: Hayton on 21/05/11 20:20:56 IST
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Email being sent by my computer

I downloaded Cyberdefender , and it is still happening. Help, this is embarassing and possibly dangerous.

• 4. Re: Email being sent by my computer
                Peter M

Who told you to try Cyberdefender?  Get rid of that pronto.   I'm not surprised that it's still happening.  Did you try the software I suggested earlier in my very first response?

Would you also answer the questions I raised there please?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/05/11 4:12:10 EDT PM