6 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2011 4:25 PM by Ex_Brit RSS

Mcafee Security Center White Box

Recently my Mcafee Security Center has become a white box when I open it. I tried contacting Mcafee Support and they ran through the steps: In the command prompt, type REGSVR32 JSCRIPT.DLL and press ENTER.
      After the confirmation message is displayed, type REGSVR32 VBSCRIPT.DLL and press ENTER.
      I also checked my Internet Explorer 8 for its version and cipher and these seemed fine. Neither of these helped, so then the tech support guy ran Windows Update, uninstalled Mcafee and told me to reinstall Mcafee, saying this would fix my problem. Unfortunately, the problem persisted when I reinstalled Mcafee, so I'm now stuck. Can anyone please help me with this issue?

• 1. Re: Mcafee Security Center White Box

The user interface or UI relies on a working non-beta Internet Explorer set to its default settings.

Please make sure that Internet Explorer is not a beta version because this was a typical occurrence with those versions, if so then please uninstall it and then go to Microsoft's website and install the latest version of IE for your operating system

IE9 for Vista/Windows 7 and IE8 for XP.

Also, if it isn't a beta version try going to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset, Apply and OK.

Close and reopen IE and go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable any add-ons you need.

If IE8 is listed in Control Panel/Programs or your Installed Updates, try uninstalling it anyway and then rebooting.

Then install the latest version from Microsoft.

What is your operating system and service pack please?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/05/11 6:12:10 EDT AM
          • 2. Re: Mcafee Security Center White Box

Windows 7 Home Premium operating system, doesn't say a service pack version. The previous tech support also did the steps up to Reset, that didn't work (I just tried it again) I'm going to try uninstalling IE8 now and installing IE9. Edit: Also I want to mention that this is a new issue, I was using Mcafee for about a year now with no issue.

Message was edited by: shinaikow on 5/20/11 3:38:46 PM CDT
            • 3. Re: Mcafee Security Center White Box

Try that and then try to install SP1 and there is help for that here:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2205

Edit: New issue eh?  Hmm, that is strange.  What else did you install in that time?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/05/11 4:40:33 EDT PM
              • 4. Re: Mcafee Security Center White Box

Nothing that I can think of off the top of my head, maybe a few automatic Windows updates?

• 5. Re: Mcafee Security Center White Box

Huh, installing IE9 worked; Mcafee is running normally now. Thanks for your help!

• 6. Re: Mcafee Security Center White Box

Well that was relatively easy.  Now try to install SP1.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/05/11 5:25:03 EDT PM