2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2009 4:48 PM by nuditarian

On-Access - Low Risk, High Risk and Defaults?

SiR001
      Running epo 3.55 and Virusscan 8.0i, patch 14

The documentation is not the greatest and I haven't found too many answers here on the board....I'm fairly new to ePO and VirusScan 8.0i and we are having peformance issues (slowness). I've been tweaking it a bit like the Exclude folders and Java tweak exclusions, however I believe it's the processes that are causing us the grief and want to use the low-risk process exclusions according to this doc http://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/dynamickc.do?sliceId=SAL_Public&command= show&forward=nonthreadedKC&externalId=9162748 ...however after reading it, i'm not too clear on the high risk portion of it.

I'm using the ePO server to configure this and i know how the defaults work for On-Access and it's currently set to 'Use the settings on these tabs for all processes'....what I'd like to do is use the other setting 'Use different settings for high-risk and low-risk processes'.

If I enable this setting, I know the Low-Risk is turned on and High Risk will also be turned 'on' and thus overriding the Defaults.

My question is, can I just use just the Low-Risk Process by itself and turn everything off in the High Risk so to just use the Low Risk Process?

(example uncheck "When reading/writing to/from disk boxes" and/or remove all those process from teh High Risk list) ...by doing that will I be protected OR do i have to add more or remove some fromthe High Risk processes)

thank you in advance.