1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2010 10:47 AM by PeterM42

80040154 @ 1 Error when Updating

jmaclaurin
      When updating, what causes the 80040154 @ 1 error to happen? What caused it to break?
        • 1. RE: 80040154 @ 1 Error when Updating
          jmaclaurin
          Update

It appears that the McAfee Framework Service is being removed. What would cause it to be removed? We recently updated to patch 13 and the 5100eng. Could that have done it?
          • 2. RE: 80040154 @ 1 Error when Updating
            ERROR: McAfee Common Framework returned error 80040154 @ 1. (issue: SecureFrameworkFactory.dll)

Question or Problem

ERROR: McAfee Common Framework returned error 80040154 @ 1. (issue: SecureFrameworkFactory.dll)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            ERROR: Failed to initialize common updater subsystem
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            ERROR: Make sure the McAfee Framework Services is running
            The above errors are reported in a popup error after instigating an AutoUpdate
            ERROR: Failed to connect to CMA updater. (from <servername> IP xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx user <user name> running VirusScan EntSv 8.0.o UPD)
            Any of the following update methods incur this error:

Right-clicking the McShield icon in the systray and selectingUpdate Now
            Right-clicking AutoUpdate in the VirusScan Console and click Start
            Creating a new scheduled task
            Trying to edit the properties of the existing AutoUpdate task

Windows Application Log reports:
            Source: Alert Manager
            Event ID: 257
            Descritpion: VirusScan Enterprise: Failed to connect to CMA updater.(from <servername> IP xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx user<user name> running VirusScan EntSV 8.0.o UPD)

Agent Log reports:

ERROR: FmrSvc Failed to start Subsystem <User Space Controller>, result=-30
            ERROR: FmrSvc Failed to start Subsystem <Management>, result=-30
            ERROR: FmrSvc Failed to start Subsystem <Script>, result=-30
            ERROR: FmrSvc Failed to start Subsystem <Updater>, result=-30
            ERROR: FmrSvc Failed to start Subsystem <Scheduler>, result=-30
            ERROR: FmrSvc Failed to start Subsystem <Trusted Connection>, result=-30

ERROR: Cmalib Error Trace:
            ERROR: TrstCon [Start]->
            ERROR: Cmalib [CoCreateInstance]->
            ERROR: Cmalib error -2147221164: Class not registred

The above error recorded in the agent log file located in: c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\Common Framework\DB\<MachineName_Agent.log>

Solution

If present, re-register SecureFrameworkFactory.dll

Click Start, Run and typeCMD.
            In the command window type:
            Regsvr32.exe c:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\SecureFrameworkFactory.dll
            Click OK.
            A Regsvr32 popup message states: DllRegisterServer in SecureFrameworkFactory.dll succeeded
            Click OK.
            If the file is missing, then obtain a copy from another machine:

Locate another VirusScan machine of the same version to obtain a copy of the SecureFrameworkFactory.dll and register the DLL.
            Copy the SecureFrameworkFactory.dll from the Common Framework directory.
            NOTE: File is located in the following default path:
            C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework
            Copy the file to a portable media or network share that can be accessed by both machines.
            On the problem machine, copy the replacement SecureFrameworkFactory.dll to the Common Framework directory.
            Click Start, Run and ,typeCMD.
            In the command window type:
            Regsvr32.exe c:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\SecureFrameworkFactory.dll
            Click OK.
            A Regsvr32 popup error states: DllRegisterServer in SecureFrameworkFactory.dll succeeded
            Click OK.

Cause

These errors are linked to one of the following types of problems:

Unregistered or missing dll due to third-party applications
            Unregistered or missing dll due to an issue while upgrading from an older version of VirusScan Enterprise
            Missing Registry key:
            [HKEY_CLASS_ROOT\Interface\{50CCECAC-7286-4CA0-9AD0-E309A2318482}]

Product Names

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i
            McAfee Common Management Agent 3.x.x
            McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.1
            Microsoft Windows
            • 3. RE: 80040154 @ 1 Error when Updating
              jmaclaurin
              Thanks, that seems similar to the problem we are seeing although I am not sure that it is another program causing the problem.

A simpler solution seems to be to reinstall the ePO agent which can be done remotely to mass machines.
              • 4. RE: 80040154 @ 1 Error when Updating
                Click OK.
                A Regsvr32 popup message states: DllRegisterServer in SecureFrameworkFactory.dll succeeded
                Click OK.
                If the file is missing, then obtain a copy from another machine:

Locate another VirusScan machine of the same version to obtain a copy of the SecureFrameworkFactory.dll and register the DLL.

That worked wonders. I had to put " " around the file path though.

Thanks for the great info.
                • 5. RE: 80040154 @ 1 Error when Updating
                  Nope. Zilch. It does not allow me to copy it. Infact there is no Common Framework directory on the machine. I created one manually but could not copy it from a working machine (actually the ePO server itself).

Currently I am updating the target machine manually by running the SDAT on it on a daily basis, but this is not a long term option.

Any other ideas?
                  • 6. heres what helped me
                    I upgraded from 8.5 to 8.7 did not help i updated/reinstalled MA 4.0...that helped me
                    • 7. Re: RE: 80040154 @ 1 Error when Updating

All you can do is remove VSE 8.7, first install the Framework Package stub, then ePo and then start installing VSE 8.7. Let me know if this works

Regards

Neha

• 8. Re: RE: 80040154 @ 1 Error when Updating

Howto install Framework Package stub manually?

• 9. Re: RE: 80040154 @ 1 Error when Updating

ccc,

In the McAfee agent folder, you will file the framework stub.

Please install it from there.

Sameer

1 2 Previous Next