1 2 3 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 6:07 AM by Peter M Branched to a new discussion.

Real Time Scanning suddenly went off and thereafter would not stay on

I last had this problem in Aug 2010. I am not sure how I solved it.

I hadn't been doing anything unusual with the Laptop and I had been enjoying troublefree running. The only thing that I had noticed is that there had been more than the usual number of McAffee updates with the normal request of a restart. My wife with her own Laptop with McAfee  didn't seem to have had as many updates.

This time I ran Virtual Technician which showed ( to my surprise)92 problems found. I continued with the MVT hoping that it would solve all problems ( it usually does but with only say 1 or two problems)

Mvt stopped with the error message "The file -mfenlfk.sys- on McAfee NDIS Light Filter is needed "  "Type the path where the file is located and then click OK"

I have no idea where the file is located.

My Actions :-

Use Removal Tool and restart.

Run Mcpreinstall Tool.

Re-Download Programs

During what seemed to be during the latter stages of the re-download I got the same above error message ........"mfenlfk etc. etc.     Help!

I should be grateful of any help.

ps.          If needed, I could try and send a copy of the error message. Thank you.

1 2 3 Previous Next