3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2008 4:05 PM by TomNL

HELP! HIGH CONTEXT SWITCHES USING VIRUSCAN8

CFERNANDEZM
      This a question for McAfee gurus... We have a Windows server with terminal services enabled, Citrix Presentation Server 3.0 and our in-house application. The problem is that the FRAMEWORK SERVICE cause the "context switches" metric to have abnormal high levels (as much as 6,000 /sec with no users, and 119,000 with only 20 users! We have don a thorough testing process to be sure about this. Wen it is deactivated, levels go back to normal...
      DO YOU KNOW WHY THE FRAMEWORK SERVICE IS CAUSING THIS? WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT? Any help will be very, very appreciated...
        • 1. RE: HELP! HIGH CONTEXT SWITCHES USING VIRUSCAN8
          CFERNANDEZM,

I'm fairly certain you are not running the "retail" version of Virus Scan 8 on your servers..The "corporate" version of Virus Scan 8.0i Enterprise is most likely what you have installed. As such, you've posted in the wrong forum so I'll move you to the corporate "Desktop and Server" forum where you should receive better responses. You can access your thread from either forum location.

Hope this helps.

Grif
          • 2. RE: HELP! HIGH CONTEXT SWITCHES USING VIRUSCAN8
            metalhead
            What process is causing the high levels ? Check the taskmanager if it is the application process or frameworkservice.exe or mcshield.exe ...

Is your installation epo controlled ?
            Which version of the framework service do you use (Open the file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\Common Framework\DB\Agent_%servername%.log) and look at the top) ?
            Did you install the latest patch 11 for VS8 from https://mysupport.nai.com ?

Cheers TOm
            • 3. RE: HELP! HIGH CONTEXT SWITCHES USING VIRUSCAN8
              I think we are experiencing this same issue, only now it is 3 years later.

Frameworkservice.exe is generating about 3000 contectswitches per second on all out server (9 in total), realy slowing down this servers

We are using
              Protection Pilot 1.5
              CMA 3.6 Patch 3 (build 3.6.0.574)
              Virusscan 8.5i patch 4

has anyone already found anything about this problem, or does anone know a solution ?