4 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2011 1:25 PM by rsterling

    0xEE0E0001 Authentication User Interface definition file failed

    rsterling

      When trying to do a restore MBR.

       

      I'm assuming this means the XML that I exported from the server is "bad" in some way?  I have seen this on my last few repairs (we are currently testing)

       

      Just wondering why this happens?  There's not much info out there on EETECH.  I love this clarification:

       

      0xEE0E0001

      Authentication User Interface definition file failed.


      It's exactly what the GUI tells me, but what other info is there out there to tell me what I already know...?

        • 1. Re: 0xEE0E0001 Authentication User Interface definition file failed
          whgibbo

          Hi,

          Could you please tell us the exact error message that is displayed on the screen ?

           

          Also could you answer the following ?

          1. Are you creating you custom themes, if so how are you creating them ?
          2. You mention that you were trying to restore the MBR, at what point was this ?

           

          Many thanks

          • 2. Re: 0xEE0E0001 Authentication User Interface definition file failed
            rsterling

            Hello!

             

            Error message is a standard message box that pops up with the error code of 0XEE0E0001 and then the same text as above; Authentication User Interface definition file failed.

            • 3. Re: 0xEE0E0001 Authentication User Interface definition file failed
              whgibbo

              Thanks for the information..  But could you please answer the following :

               

              1. Are you using custom themes, if so how are you creating them ?
              2. You mention that you were trying to restore the MBR, at what point was this ?

               

              Many thanks

              • 4. Re: 0xEE0E0001 Authentication User Interface definition file failed
                rsterling
                1. Are you using custom themes, if so how are you creating them ?  - I just have changed the wallpaper to include our agency logo.  Changed this under Configuration - Server settings - EE - Themes - Add - Based on McAfee and just substitute my background.

                 

                 

                 

                 

                  2. You mention that you were trying to restore the MBR, at what point was this ?  This was on one of the two machines we lost yesterday morning to a deserialize type error.  After I rebuit new machines for these users, I played for literally hours trying to decrypt, reset MBR, Uninstall EEPC, etc.  This was all observation in testing so basically the closest answer is - after an Uninstall EEPC, the standalone EETECH locks up, but it must do something because once you reboot, the PC/ ability to boot is "hosed".  After that I opened the workspace and did a force decrypt and decrypted from 63 to the total amount of sectors.  It was at some point after I recovered the users data from the decrypted sectors that I used this as a test/learning machine to see what I could find out about this myself.  A little knowledge is a dangerous thing