Skip navigation
McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
7134 Views 49 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2011 12:54 PM by Ex_Brit RSS 1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next
Ex_Brit Volunteer Moderator 59,528 posts since
May 6, 2004
Currently Being Moderated

May 15, 2011 7:36 AM

Thread Redisplays From Top When Posting A Response Instead Of Going Directly To That Response

This has been mentioned before I believe.   When posting a response to a thread one would normally expect the page to redisplay that response (i.e. the bottom of the thread) instead of flicking to the top of the thread or just below.

It means one has to scroll down deliberately each time in order to check that all went as planned.

That is not considered normal behaviour on any other board I've used and it used to work here before we upgraded.

Back in February we discussed it and it was decided that it was normal behaviour.  Can Jive be asked why this is considered normal behaviour here but nowhere else?

It is a nuisance and wastes valuable time, expecially if the thread is extremely long.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/05/11 8:36:29 EDT AM

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-143933-5189/78-49/Peter.gif
Toronto • Canada
Volunteer Moderator
I can't help you privately - please post in the Forums
Use Advanced Forum Search To Find Answers
Beta Test McAfee Products For PC & MAC
How To Fix File Associations in Windows
XP & Office 2003 End-Of-Life - 08 April, 2014
Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools
1 2 3 ... 5 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)