2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2011 1:13 PM by RickIA

VSE 8.8 proxy settings

My clients dont like to update out in the field, and I found the VSE local settings are to use out proxy server by IP addrses rather than using whatever IE's settings are. Is there a quick and dirty policy I can set in EPO (running EPO 4.5 Patch 1, Agent 4.5 Patch 2, and VSE 8.8) to change that so they can get out while just on an open wifi?

• 1. Re: VSE 8.8 proxy settings

I have found where the setting for using a proxy server is. By unlocking the interface and going to "Edit Autoupdate Repository List" you can see the settings, however everytime my clients update policies it changes back to the IP of our internal server. I really need to get this stopped and to have it just use the local IE settings. I can't find a single policy settings for VSE that lets me set the proxy! Very frustrating.

• 2. Re: VSE 8.8 proxy settings

Wow, I'm that awesome I answered my own question. Solution is you set the proxy for VSE not via a VSE policy (which would make sense) but by way of the McAfee agent general policy. Found a proxy tab there, and whala there is my mystery solved.