2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2011 2:25 PM by Regis

Upgrade VirusScan Enterprise to patch 5

bostjanc

Greetings!

We are using Epolicy Orchestrator 4.6

I have downloaded Virusscan Enterprise 8.7i with Patch 5 Repost and check in the extension our epo server.

We have scheduled task that Virusscan installation is done every day.

But if I look on the client I don't see any patch 5 information if I click ABOUT on Virusscan Tray Icon.

Here are some print screens.

• 1. Re: Upgrade VirusScan Enterprise to patch 5
          jmcleish

bostjanc wrote:

Virusscan Enterprise 8.7i with Patch 5 Repost

Repost is the full version with patch 5 included.

If you have 8.7 with patch 4, you need to also download just patch 5 and check it in and deploy that.

HTH

Jane

• 2. Re: Upgrade VirusScan Enterprise to patch 5
            Regis

I'd add that one of the confusing things about ePO is that it doesn't really tell you the impolicit "hey, if you already have virusscan 8.7 on the box, i'm not going to run the product install task that calls for it even if the product install is a newer patch release." 

As such, you need to cover the patch from 4-> 5 as a product _update_  task selecting VirusScan 8.7 as a target for update in that policy screen, and make sure your mcafee Agent policy > Updates tab.. is ponted at the repositiory branch where your desired patch lives (be it current or evaluation).   The master repository will tell you which patch you hae in which branch of the repository.

1 of 1 people found this helpful