1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2011 8:49 AM by Valeinrete

Dns Reverse Resolution for Webreporter reports

Hello everybody,

I Have a problem with the interation between webreporter and webgateway 7..

I would like to see hostnames within my reports and I'm trying to use the webgateway properties to write hostname entries into the access.log.

I saw the interesting post about dns reverse options and properties https://community.mcafee.com/message/187618#187618, but I really can't figure out how to make it work for the access.log file.

I can't find the right way to populate the default user-Defined.logLine variable in order to send it back to webreporter with hostnames already in.

Any Help ?

Or anyway any reasonable solution suitable for hostname reporting would be nice.

Many Thanks

Valentino.

Message was edited by: Valeinrete on 09/05/11 04:35:14 CDT
        • 1. Re: Dns Reverse Resolution for Webreporter reports

Hi,

just in case somebody need it, this is the string which allows you to write into access.log the reverse resolved Hostnames.

Be aware that doing this, on every url  that you can slow down your entire environment as McAfee says,

anyway just add this string to the User-Defined.logline.

String.ReplaceIfEquals (List.OfString (DNS.Lookup.Reverse (Client.IP)),"","-")

For commodity i've added it right below the IP address but you can write it wherever you like inside the file.

Hope it helps

Message was edited by: Valeinrete on 12/05/11 08:48:37 CDT

Message was edited by: Valeinrete on 12/05/11 08:49:07 CDT