3 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2011 7:04 AM by Dinz

Subscription problem

Recently i have brought McAfee internet security full version and i have installed it and it worked fine until today when i went to see it it said that my subscription was expired i have previously used the trial version of McAfee and did not unistall instead i just installed now it says "Your computer at risk" then when i go to check it it says "Your trial subscription has expired" what can i fix this and i also used the same account on my other computer to install McAfee if maybe that's the problem.  Thank you.

Message was edited by: batheesha on 5/8/11 1:16:29 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: Subscription problem
          Hayton

Moved out of the Help section into My Account for attention.

• 2. Re: Subscription problem
            Peacekeeper

Mcafee is making a new program to make upgrading from trials to full version easier.

You can have a trial on same account as a full subscription I have. It is just sometimes installing when you have a trial fails to update the subscription.

2 ways uninstall trial via

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

Reinstall from new subscription if it shows in your account.

2. Contact Customer service they will assist you fixing this up. They are in the useful links tab above.

3. If you have a subscription visible in your account you can use the subscription repair tool to move the subscription over to the new 1 But this better to be done via Customer service

• 3. Re: Subscription problem
              Dinz

Hi batheesha,

Actually your McAfee account comprises of a trial version and a subscribed version (till 2012) of the same product McAfee Internet Security. I believe, after renewal you had once again reinstalled the trial application. Please run the McAfee removal tool from here and reboot the PC.
              Logon to your McAfee account from here : http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp and reinstall the program : 3-User McAfee Internet Security ; Expiry : 05/05/2012 and everything should be fine

Regards,