1 Reply Latest reply on May 5, 2011 3:41 PM by k3tg

McAfee Update Question/Problem

theflyingmonkey

Hi, I was wondering is it normal for this to happen, since this has not happened to me before.  Currently, my anti-virus's dat file is 3 days old, since I updated on Tuesday and recieved Monday's dat file.  However, today when I tried to check for updates, McAfee did its usually thing, Checking for Updates had the loading spiral, then it went to the Downloading Updates next.  However, usually it would list a percentage from 0 and goes up to a 100, while there is a loading spiral next to the words Downloading Updates.  But, today when it found an update (since it proceeded to the downloading updates step), it almost instantly went from Download Update with the spiral to a Check mark and then it said that Updates were installed successfully.  Even though the line that says Installing Updates didn't have a Check Mark next to it, nor did I see it go from 0% to 100%.

After, I got the messageit installed the updates, I checked my dat files by going to Navigation -> About, but everything was the same.  Nothing was updated.  So, I ran the Check for Updates again and it keeps saying that my Updates are up to date or there is no Update.  I don't remember the exact phrase, but it was basically telling me that my files were up to date.  Which isn't true, and I tried updating it again a hour later and still nothing.  Also, I know that I can download the dat file and install them myself, but I don't trust myself to do something like this.

• 1. Re: McAfee Update Question/Problem
          k3tg

Go to the Technical Support Link at the top of this page under Useful Links and run the McAfee Virtual Technician. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and if it finds any it will attempt to fix them for you. MVT also will inform you if your updates are up to date or not.