2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2011 10:09 AM by Richard Carpenter

New Knowledge Center page (THIS IS THE CORRECT POST)

There is an earlier post that contains the wrong mockup. Please look at this one instead. (Or if you're really interested, you can look at the other one and tell me your preference).

Here is a new "Knowledge Center" page. I've got several questions and would love to hear the Community's reaction:

1. If you searched on a keyword, which resulted in several KB articles, what would you expect to see?
      2. If you searched on a product, what would you expect to see?
      3. Do you have to enter a keyword or product to get started on this page?
      4. The "Recent Searches" link will reveal your 10 most recent searches. Is this useful?
      5. If you didn't enter a search term or product and you clicked on the vertical tab "Technical Articles," what would you expect to see?
      6. If there are a very large number of search results, what filters do you want/need?

Thank you all. Your feedback has been wonderful so far and I look forward to more!!!

• 1. Re: New Knowledge Center page (THIS IS THE CORRECT POST)

If you searched on a keyword, which resulted in several KB articles, what would you expect to see?

I would expect to see them listed from newest to oldest, their title, and its target product and version. 

If you searched on a product, what would you expect to see?

I expect to see only articles related to that product, and that product only.

Do you have to enter a keyword or product to get started on this page?

I would hope not.

The "Recent Searches" link will reveal your 10 most recent searches. Is this useful?

This sound useful for resolving more complex issues, and for general reference of frequent issues.

If you didn't enter a search term or product and you clicked on the vertical tab "Technical Articles," what would you expect to see?

I would expect a list of technical articles from newest to oldest, filterable by product and version.

If there are a very large number of search results, what filters do you want/need?

Product, Version, Patch Level (minor version), and Date.

• 2. Re: New Knowledge Center page (THIS IS THE CORRECT POST)
            Richard Carpenter

If you searched on a keyword, which resulted in several KB articles, what would you expect to see?

List newest Newest to oldest group buy product, with the title, product, version and date posted.

If you searched on a product, what would you expect to see?

List newest to oldest group by version newest to oldest, with th etitle, and date posted.

Do you have to enter a keyword or product to get started on this page?

No thanks, but a list of the laetest 10 new posts perhaps.

The "Recent Searches" link will reveal your 10 most recent searches. Is this useful?

Sounds good to me.

If you didn't enter a search term or product and you clicked on the vertical tab "Technical Articles," what would you expect to see?

Articles filtered specifically for the products I am entitled to on my grant and the option to expand this to all products, listed      newest first with title, product and version

If there are a very large number of search results, what filters do you want/need

Product, version, entitlement based on grant and date